"Sabor Comunitario" is a transformative culinary and entrepreneurial program addressing the unique challenges faced by residents in Elyria, Globeville, and Swansea – three of the most underserved neighborhoods in the US. These communities, often described as urban deserts, lack essential infrastructure, face high crime rates, and suffer from severe pollution. With 83% of the population being Hispanic, this initiative is tailored to empower and uplift these communities through culinary and business education.
‘Sabor Comunitario’ is an innovative community cooking class program, designed to benefit low-income Hispanic students in Denver, Colorado. This 32 week initiative will be led by professional chef Pablo Aya, and community leader Sandra Ruiz Parrilla, with the advice and collaboration of the HRA and CSU Spur as well monthly guest chefs, offering free classes aimed at teaching culinary skills and fostering entrepreneurship. Our unique approach includes creating culinary products throughout the program, which students will sell at the end of the year, and monthly community events to encourage their journey into the business world.
"Sabor Comunitario" is not just a cooking class; it's a transformative program that combines culinary education, entrepreneurship training, and community service.
Key program elements include:
1. Professional Chef-Led Classes: Weekly hands-on cooking classes led by experienced chefs, covering diverse cuisines and culinary techniques.
2. Entrepreneurship Workshops: Intensive monthly workshops focusing on business fundamentals, marketing strategies, and product development to empower participants to create and market their own culinary products.
3. Monthly Community Events: Regular events showcasing students' culinary creations, providing networking opportunities, and fostering a sense of community among participants.
4. Community Feeding Initiative: To minimize food waste, all dishes prepared by students will be made available to the community at a low fee after each class, reinforcing the program's commitment to sustainability.
1. Culinary and Entrepreneurial Skills: Participants will gain valuable skills in both culinary arts and entrepreneurship, enhancing their employability and fostering self-sufficiency.
2. Community Engagement: Monthly events and the community feeding initiative will create a strong sense of community and support among program participants and the local residents.
3. Sustainability: By minimizing food waste and providing affordable, quality meals to the community, "Sabor Comunitario" promotes sustainable practices.
"Sabor Comunitario" is not just a program; it's a commitment to nurturing resilience and fostering positive change in Elyria, Globeville, and Swansea. Together, we can transform these challenging environments into vibrant, empowered communities, proving that the power of good food and entrepreneurship knows no boundaries. Join us in this journey of culinary excellence and community revitalization.
The first round of students were certified with the National Restaurant Association! They are ready for the culinary and entrepreneurship classes that we will begin this March 2024. We still have spaces for 24 students who want to be part of this never-before-seen culinary and entrepreneurship course in Colorado.
Join our campaign
"Sabor Comunitario, creating your brand!"
and helps make possible a year of cooking classes and creation of a unique brand completely free for 18 participants, who will go from being students to entrepreneurs.
This is a year program with 36 classes that we need to subsidy
Your contribution will support participant subsidies, professional instructors fees, fresh ingredients, and the rental of a vibrant space.
Support culinary local creativity. Make a difference, donate today!
We will also be feeding the community with the foods that our students will create in every class.
At the end of the course, we will celebrate the launch of the product brand together, sharing the flavors we have created as a community.
Your contribution can make a big difference in the lives of those we serve. Donate today to help support our mission of empowering communities.
Find out how Elyria Globeville Swansea and Partners has made a difference in the community and the lives of those we serve. We are committed to creating lasting change.
Have a question or want to get in touch? We'd love to hear from you. Contact us today and we'll get back to you as soon as possible. 720-620-3162
In three abandoned and forgotten neighborhoods,
where opportunities are scarce, the future has been tied up.
A desert of food, empty guts lament,
The shadows lengthen and the burning sun torments us.
Neighborhoods affected by pollution,
The air suffocates and the water is an illusion.
Ruthless industries have left their mark,
turning beauty into a nightmare oasis.
The dirty and dark streets, witnesses of crime,
where hope is stolen without shame and without end.
Gangs of criminals lurk in the darkness,
a storm of violence that never subsides.
But in the midst of desolation and hopelessness,
There is still room for resistance and confidence.
A group of dreamers, brave and hopeful,
works to change the destiny of these abandoned neighborhoods.
They sow seeds of solidarity and love,
They raise their voices for justice, they look for a better color.
Through art and education, they shine light in the darkness,
showing that together, we can transform reality.
As the sun sets over these invisible places,
The flame of hope lights up, indestructible.
Because we know that the future is not written in stone,
Together we will fight to liberate these communities without borders.
So let's raise our voices and take action,
because these neighborhoods deserve a new song.
Let us not allow them to be forgotten or ignored,
Let's transform life in these abandoned places.
Copyright © 2022 EGS and Partners - All Rights Reserved.